Killjoys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killjoys

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome
Now come one, come all to this tragic affair----

Welcome to The Lost Shores pack, a modern day canine rp that takes place on a deserted island.

Whether you're a dog or a wolf you ended up here generally in the same way. You crashed. It seems that's the only way to end up on this mysterious island, crashing. The island cannot be found any other way, people have searched and searched for ti but to no luck, it can never be found. You only end up here on complete accident, or maybe people just stopped trying to find you. Whatever it is, you're here now.

Some of the canines here on the island were innocently being transported to different places when their ship crashed, others were either born on this island or are pirates. Yep you heard correctly, there are often canine's who belonged to pirate ships now roaming the island because of a ship wreck. Some of these canines choose to join the group of lost canines, but some choose to stay to their own group of mostly pirates. It simply depends on the canine.

It is clear though that there's one way to survive. Stay together. It is clear that it is very rare that a canine is able to survive on this treacherous island with all it's dangers unknown to the outside world, and if they do survive they go insane from isolation. It doesn't matter if you stay with the pirates or the main group, just stay with them. Live together, die apart.
LSP Staff

Latest topics
» The "greats"
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:51 pm by Admin

» Natives of the Creek Pack
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:30 pm by Guest

» Broken Reality
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 1:26 am by Guest

» SHutting down
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 6:07 pm by Admin

» Werewolves Exist
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 pm by Guest

» Dominus Affiliation Request
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:35 am by Guest

» Dominus / very active!
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:32 am by Guest

» The Pack's Fates *Wolf RP*
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 12:16 am by Guest

» Heroes and Legends Pack- Affiliation Request
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 pm by Guest

Top posters
Admin
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Wreckage - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Wreckage - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Alahya
The Wreckage - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Wreckage - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Wreckage - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Redbeard
Lash
Alvadia
Ayeria
Vivian
Killian
Holster
Ryjen
The Wreckage - Page 2 Newcreate.php?text=Sister%20Sites&name=angelina
Affiliates
The Wreckage - Page 2 SilencedContestthingy_zpsef4cdc23
Ricochet

The Wreckage

Go down 
+7
Spider
Desta
Redbeard
Holster
Lash
Alahya
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Coins : 236

Character sheet
Mate/crush:
Canine gender: Female
Canine age: 3 years

The Wreckage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 5:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Ship Wreckage
The Wreckage - Page 2 398-staraptor-g
image(c) almiller on dA
Right near the shore but still halfway in the water is the wreckage of the ship that had brought many of the canines to this mysterious island. Canines are still capable to swim up into the wreckage to look for possible supplies and also look around the wreckage. It looks rather dangerous on the inside of the wreckage so unless given exact order or given permission by an alpha it is forbidden to go near it to avoid any deaths. The wreckage is placed practically right on the shore right now, though its submerged half way in deeper waters and broken up and also expected to move farther out into the sea with time.
Back to top Go down
https://thekilljoys.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Coins : 48

Character sheet
Mate/crush: No
Canine gender: Male
Canine age: 3.5 years

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:11 am

Blue eyes opening.

Hurting. Hurting everywhere.

So dark... No, a turn of the head. It's bright. Very bright...too bright.

It was dark before...

It came rushing back.

Armin's blue eyes opened. He turned his head, feeling a general pain burn in every muscle. Poking his paws about, he found debris.
Armin tried very hard to make sense of it. But everything seemed blurred, his mind and his vision.

What he could see was where the light was - what he did know was that was where he wanted to be.

It reminded Armin, the light. It reminded him of the places he wanted to go, everything he wanted to see. Curious he could never sate. Armin used this to find his way out from where he had lain, pushing and dragging until he stood in the light.

Everything was dizzy, which Armin did not like. He knew it was wrong, wrong that they were here... They. Armin faintly recognized the presence of other wolves. And other scents, other canines.

But... where was Eren?
Armin whipped his head around, flinching at the pain it caused. Concerned blue eyes traveled along the beach. Armin knew there was no way he could miss Eren.

Armin began walking the length of the beach, stumbling a bit but going anyways.
"Eren!" he called, flinching at the loudness of his own voice. "Eren!" Armin Arlet called for his friend.

((word count: 233
Addressed: ...Eren, obviously.
Mentioned: Basically everyone
Note: Armin is kind of shouting, so everyone would hear him. Just saying.))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Character sheet
Mate/crush:

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 am

Eren's blue eyes snapped open to a blindingly bright beach. His head was pounding and his whole body hurt but other than that, he felt fine. As he tried to stand though, the young wolf noticed he wasn't at all alright. Standing up was a worthless effort, it felt like his legs had been completely blown off on one side, but as he looked over to his right side, he was happy to find they were still there.. kind of. Both his legs on the right side of his body were a bloody mess, fur ripped off in more than one place leaving raw, exposed flesh covered in blood that caked his tan fur together.

If his legs weren't so covered in blood he would have thought he could see straight to the bone, but he couldn't see anything but various shades of red and pink. "Eren!" Eren felt panic shoot through him hearing his friend call his name. He was mostly concerned for what condition Armin was in. Considering this wreck nearly took both Eren's right legs off there was no telling what else it could do. "Armin!" he shouted back. One final time Eren struggled to stand but it just hurt, more pain then he had ever physically felt. It started at his joints where it seemed the cuts were the deepest and vibrated through his legs, until they gave out.

He had only walked three steps by now, and he couldn't see Armin anywhere. The only thing that seemed to be working was his sense of hearing. "Eren!" The familiar voice belched out again and Eren growled in frustration as Eren tempted other ways to stand. The first attempt was to only stand on his left side, which made him unbalanced and he fell again, crushing hard onto his right side with a painful yelp.

After several attempted Eren managed to find a way. He moved slowly and sand got into his wounds but it helped him move. He had to keep his body close to the ground, basically touching it while pulling himself along with his good side. "Armin!" he called out fiercely one final time before collapsing so he was laying on his good side. His whole right side was throbbing now, and he was finding it hard to keep from blacking out. His vision was blurry around the edges and going black. Once again the wolf found himself relying on his friend again. He swore without Armin he would be dead by now.

Last edited by Jamia on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:01 am

Armin! Armin!

The sound of Eren's voice came as the best kind of relief. Armin did his best to listen, try and pinpoint the sound. It took Armin a minute or so to actually find Eren.

What he found frightened him. The amount of blood made Armin freeze up for a long, painful moment. Eren was going to be fine, he told himself. They'd been through worse.

Right?

Walking had seemed to worse Armin's dizziness. He vaguely wondered if he'd smacked his head on something. Otherwise, cuts and bruises were the only thing troubling him. How lucky.

Eren had not been so lucky. Armin hated that - why did he have to be mostly okay and this had to happen to Eren? Eren was the strong one, the one who knew what to do... Eren took care of Armin. Why did Eren have to be hurt so badly?

Armin crouched in front of Eren, trying to push the fear out of his eyes. "Eren, it's me. Don't pass out , stay awake. Listen to me, listen to my voice." Armin was no medic, but he was scared that if Eren passed out, he would never wake up.

Armin took a quick moment to glance back, registering the presence of others. Two wolves and a dog in sight. The scent of two other wolves in the trees, and two other canines. They'd help, right? They wouldn't leave Eren to die...

Armin didn't want to consider it. He focused on his friend.

((Word count : 248
Mentioned: Everyone
Addressed: Eren))
Back to top Go down
Redbeard
Pirate
Pirate
Redbeard

Coins : 53

Character sheet
Mate/crush: None
Canine age: 6

PostSubject: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:49 pm

REDBEARD
It's my own design, It's my own remorse.
"Somewhere between America and the UK." Redbeard's droopy ears perked as much as they could do with him listening intently. He was hoping that the female would confirm or add more ideas to what he had already presumed about their current location and in this case she  gave confirmation of what he thought he had known. Somewhere between America and the UK was a very vague description for the ocean was a vast place that was difficult to navigate without the right knowledge, charts and compasses of which they had none. They could in theory be anywhere in the Atlantic, lost on a remote island that would be battered by the worst of the weather from the otherwise open ocean or more optimistically they on an island only a few miles away from mainland with a nice and easily accessible way to escape. The former looked more likely, however the latter was more desirable. "I suspected as much." the dog stated, almost sighing as he did so  at the notion that his pessimistic analysis was most likely the accurate one.  He learnt much more in this single conversation though, so much more that would help him with his understanding of where he was and what was going on. The female told Red that she too had been on board a boat, meaning that she too had most likely been ship wrecked here rather then having lived here all of her life. Also her accent spoke volumes and for a well travelled dog like Red it wasn't too hard to recognise it as southern American, a place that no doubt seemed so far away for her right now.

You, me, and that group right there are the only survivors as far as I can tell." Redbeard's cool blue eyes glanced back to the little group that he had spotted earlier. It seemed weirder now in reflection, the sheer amount of differences between the dog, the fox and the wolves. The Irish setter had grown up around other dogs and he had in later life been good friends with a wolf so he was used to seeing them but foxes were somewhat new to him, he hadn't seen many of them around at ports whenever they had tied up the boat and spent a little time in dry land. "An unlikely crew, but I 'spose we'll be stuck together now." The dog stated before a moment of thought. If there was a group gathering then that meant there would have to be a leader too, someone taking control of the whole operation. "Who's in charge 'round 'ere?" He asked with a tilted head, wondering whether this female herself was the leader here or not, or whether there actually was a leader nominated at all. Red didn't like being bossed around so if the there was a leader here who was going to try and rope him into doing work he would most likely leave quickly and try to make his own way instead of being forced into doing work.

Red was not sure whether to cringe and withdraw or laugh when the female began to talk about how to dispose of the dead, a startling topic starter for two relative strangers however Red was one of those sort of dogs that could shake of such a pressing matter and was not bothered by such serious conversation. He was strangely unaffected by the dead bodies laying about and while the female expressed her sadness he couldn't say he really felt anything; to him they were just nameless faces in a crowd, canines that he had never known and were effectively nothing to him. Maybe, he thought, just maybe the bodies of his old shipmates were laid here somewhere on this beach, void of life and made unrecognisable with wounds and salt crusted fur but that was a different matter entirely and one he tired to distance himself from. "My friends might be among them." he muttered quietly, his voice blunt as he tried to remain unaffected.  Even if Redbeard wasn't shocked by seeing dead animals the number of dead still remained a bit alarming as there had apparently been many unfortunate ship wreck victims who hadn't made it out alive and they would need dealing with. "Cremating 'em sounds best, quicker as well." His tone picked up and he spoke normally again as he voiced his opinion. "If ya waited until the wind changed direction ya could get the smoke an' the smell to blow out to sea, away from here. And it's okay, really, I don't mind ya rambling lass."
Words: 772 Addressed: Jamia  Mentioned: All others around
Back to top Go down
http://silencedv2.web-rpg.com/
Alahya
neutral
neutral
Alahya

Coins : 56

Character sheet
Mate/crush:
Canine age: 2 Years

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:02 pm

"Thank you," the wolf had said. Alahya dipped her head politely. "You're welcome." She paused, perking her ears at his next question. "By the way...what's your name? I'm Lash." She opened her mouth to reply when Felicity spoke. "Nice to know." Alahya stopped, looking back at the white wolf, who was carrying some green leaves. Alahya had never seen them before in her life, and she sighed softly. Maybe she didn't know as much as she thought.

" Chew those. I'm going to soak some of the moss in saltwater," Felicity said. Alahya nodded as the white wolf scooped up some moss in her jaws and went to the beach. She stopped, wanting to ask Felicity a favor. To look for her friends. But the wolf was already gone.

Before the fox took the herbs, she looked to Lash. "I'm Alahya," she said in reply to his earlier question. Without waiting for a reply she begun to chew the plants up in her jaw to chew them up.

Alahya heard Lash speak again in his odd tone, and she perked her ears to listen. " She's oddly calm...rather peculiar," he said softly. The swift fox, unable to reply with her full mouth just nodded as to not be rude. She didn't know what to think of Felicity. Something about her.. she couldn't put a paw on her thoughts. What her mind told her.

Just then, she noticed the dog. He wasn't like the dogs she was used to. He had short fur. Alahya could tell he was in pain; who wouldn't be with their tail severed like that?! She spat out the chewed up plants on a leaf, waiting for Felicity to return to give her instruction. Alahya looked to the hurt dog. "Who are you? Is it only your tail?" She tilted her head.

Word Count- 305
Addressed- Lash, Holster
Mentioned- Lash, Holster, Felicity
Comments- Sorry, took so long to post because the word counter deleted my original post and I had to retype it Dx

Back to top Go down
http://silver-moonlight.forumotion.com
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Alayha, the fox introduced herself. Lash put the image to the name in his head. Now he knew two names, Alayha and Felicity.

As Alayha's focus shifted to the dog, Lash took a minute to take in what was around him. The environment was unfamiliar. The scents of plants and animals came to Lash's nose, but Lash couldn't name most of them. Instinctively, Lash worried about food. But Felicity's existence calmed him. If she was here, there had to be food. Food, safe water, safe places - at the very least, that was taken off his mind.

What was more pressing was injury. Lash couldn't say that his injury didn't worry him. On his own, he might struggle to help himself there. But he wasn't alone - which took so much off his mind.

Speaking of not being alone - Felicity was coming back into the trees. She took a look back onto the beach, but Lash couldn't figure out why. She walked up, placing the wet moss down. Lash noticed her wet paws, and it appeared that there was watery red stains on her white fur.

Felicity seemed to follow his gaze and shuddered slightly as she noticed it. But her eyes averted quickly.
"Okay," She said. "As you should be aware, this is saltwater, and it'll hurt. Sorry." Felicity gave him an apologetic look.
Lash sighed but nodded.
Felicity pressed the wet moss against the wound, and Lash did his best to ignore the stinging sensation.

Felicity waited as she pressed some of the moss to the wound. She glanced into the forest. No sign of the pirates. Felicity had no idea how long it would take them to show. They never seemed to be constant. Sometimes they were everywhere, reacting in minutes and swarming. Or sometimes they were sluggish, not coming around for ages. Felicity itched to abandon the beach, she wanted to flee, back to the depths of the forest. It was where she felt safe.

Felicity stepped back, taking the moss off the wound. Alahya had turned her focus on the dog, so Felicity carefully spread the chewed plant on Lash's side. Then she added a bit of sticky sap to keep it on.

"Thank you."  Felicity looked at Lash as he spoke. Felicity blinked. She hadn't had much conversation in awhile. She'd been around some of the pirates - she couldn't handle being alone for weeks on end. But they were...different. These survivors were not like the pirates.

"You're welcome." Felicity said, tilting her head.

Addressed: none || Mentioned: Alahya, Holster || Word Count: 418|| Side Notes: N/A
Back to top Go down
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Character sheet
Mate/crush:

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Eren was relieved to see Armin to say the least. Looking over his friend blonde colored fur Eren noticed he had hardly any major wounds. "Eren, it's me. Don't pass out , stay awake. Listen to me, listen to my voice." He squinted his eyes and flopped his head down on the sand. God, his head felt like his brain was about to bust out of it. "Are you okay Armin?" he finally managed to spit out, shutting his eyes tightly as if that would numb the pain.

Eren wasn't sure if he was going to be okay. He wasn't sure how bad the wounds on his legs were, he just knew it hurt a lot. All he could see of his legs when he shifted his head was blood. It looked like rather than legs he just had two hunks of raw and exposed bloody meat. "How bad is it?" he asked, flopping his head back down again and focusing on breathing. "We've been through worse, right? I can survive this." Eren could tell there were other canines on the beach, of course there were but he wasn't sure if any of them were willing to help him.

"Armin I need you to help me up" Eren said, already pushing himself up with his good legs. "I can probably try and walk if you just let me use you as a crutch." Eren stumbled clumsily until he fell half onto Armin. The first wolf Eren saw was a dusty grayish colored female (Desta) so he started stumbling over to her with the help of Armin. "Hey!" he shouted before falling over again a few feet away from her.

Addressed: Armin, Desta || Mentioned: All Wolves in the area || Word Count: 282
Back to top Go down
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:11 pm

That was Eren, so determined, Armin thought. He let Eren use him as a crutch, thinking, Even with his legs like they are, he still goes... Armin hadn't said to Eren anything about how his legs were. Armin didn't want to lie, but he didn't want to face it either. However, he had reassured Eren that he was fine. Armin didn't want Eren worrying about him right now - Armin wasn't worth worrying about right now.

Armin followed Eren's gaze to the she-wolf. The she-wolf had been walking up the beach to a little group that Armin could see just inside the treeline. It was hard for him to make them out - his vision was still slightly blurred. His head hurt. But there were at least three of them, he thought. Maybe four. Armin couldn't make out much about them. The only form he could clearly make out was that of a white wolf - the white didn't blend at all, making it much easier for Armin to see the wolf.

Eren had called out to the she-wolf, and Armin called out also, trying to draw some attention - hopefully the positive kind. "Hello! Would you help us?" There were many scents on the wind. Armin thought he picked out seven, besides him and Eren. They could help...band together. Live.

Felicity's attention was drawn to a grayish female, as she called to them. Felicity glanced sideways at Lash, before walking to the gray female (Desta). "Hello," She greeted politely. "Are you inju-" Felicity began to ask, interrupred by the call of another wolf. She looked up, taking a moment to find the source. A small, blonde colored wolf was helping another up the beach. The other was a wolf with odd markings and a green cloak. From what Felicity could tell, he was badly injured.

Would you help us? That was what the small one had said. Felicity glanced at the gray female. "If you aren't injured too badly, will you come with me? We should help them." She gestured at the pair.

Felicity was continuously surprised at the number of survivors. Lash, Alahya, the two dogs, the she-wolf, the gray female, and now these two. Eight survivors so far - five wolves, two dogs, and a fox. This many survivors was uncommon in a crash as horrible as this. And there was still a geunine possibility that there were even more survivors. It was more than Felicity could have hoped for.

((Word Count: 409
Addressed: Desta (by Armin & Felicity))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Character sheet
Mate/crush:

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:07 pm

"I suspected as much." The dog said and Jamia shrugged her shoulder's apologetically. "Sorry I can't give you more information, I know about as much as the rest of us." Jamia held back from saying "I may even be more lost." She didn't want to admit just yet that she was clueless. She was a young wolf who had been raised in captivity all her life. She hat never hunted, never dealt with predators, never experienced being sick without the anti-biotics and medication of humans to bring her back to health.

Jamia remembered when she was younger she used to curl up with her dad and he would tell her about when he was in the wild. He said there was more freedom, more land then you could ever imagine. There were lakes and rivers and no glass or caged enclosures. He said that the meat you got in the wild was better than the stale pre-killed food served in zoos but the wild was also dangerous. Jamia knew it was dangerous, thats why her dad got taken into captivity. Jamia didn't know the details but she knew her dad was badly hurt and humans saved him.

"An unlikely crew, but I 'spose we'll be stuck together now." Hearing the familiar voice Jamia nearly jumped. She had forgotten she was in the middle of a conversation and her thoughts had taken her away. Now that she was back in the present though she chuckled and nodded her head. "I suppose it is an odd group.. but you're right. It's best to stick together than to fight. We all crashed here and we're all in a time of need, no point fighting amongst or peers."

"Who's in charge 'round 'ere?" Jamia gave it some thought. She guessed she could maybe be considered the leader as of now, considering she had brought the group together but not leader had been established yet. "As of now I suppose no one is the leader.. I've been sort of guiding the group so far though, I can't exactly nominate myself the leader or dominate though."

"My friends might be among them." The dog muttered referring to Jamia talking about the dead bodies and how to dispose of them. The female was going to say she was sorry but her companion's tone quickly picked up again, any signs to suggest he might be sad gone so she didn't bother to address it. "Cremating 'em sounds best, quicker as well." Jamia nodded in agreement. "Thats what I was thinking.. we should wait though.. who knows how many survivors there still are left... so I think we should hold off on burning bodies until a little longer." Of course if a wolf was still alive and they tried to burn them the wolf would react but Jamia didn't wanna start on the dirty work until they had all the surviving canines they possibly can. "If ya waited until the wind changed direction ya could get the smoke an' the smell to blow out to sea, away from here. And it's okay, really, I don't mind ya rambling lass." She nodded again. "Gotcha" she said simply. "Do you wanna head to my group I have rounded up? If you're hurt any they can help."

Tagged: Redbeard || Word Count: 550 || Side Notes: eww
Back to top Go down
Holster
Main Group
Main Group

Coins : 18

Character sheet
Mate/crush: nobody
Canine gender: male
Canine age: 4

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Leaning against the tree and not moving made Holster feel a bit better. He quietly watched the wolves (and fox) around him as they introduced themselves. The injured wolf was called Lash, and the fox was Alahya, and the white one was Felicity. That seemed easy enough.

He couldn't help but notice Lash staring at him through slightly narrowed eyes. Holster looked away, feeling judged and wondering if it was because he was a dog. Well, wolves aren't so great either. He thought spitefully. They're dangerous and they kill livestock. He didn't understand why wolves couldn't just get along with humans. A partnership worked out better for everyone - all Holster had to do was obey his master and he got fun jobs to do, as well as food and water and medical care when he needed it (like right now.) Besides, humans were just easier to get along with than other canines.

But right now Holster was the odd one out. Everyone else probably hated humans, so he would have to keep quiet about it - especially if he wanted help for his tail.

The fox had finished what she was doing before and now turned to Holster. "Who are you? Is it only your tail?"

The dog looked at her dumbly for a moment before remembering his name.
"It's Holster - I'm Holster. And I think so..." He flattened his ears, looking at the leaves she was chewing up. He hadn't dared look at his tail and he wasn't going to any time soon. It didn't hurt much, anyway. "Is it bad?" He asked, his voice trembling slightly despite his best efforts to control it.

Suddenly three more wolves shuffled over - a grey female, a blonde male, and a multicolored wolf who reeked of blood. Holster perked his ears and watched them, but didn't attempt to move again.

ADDRESSED: Alahya
MENTIONED: like literally everyone.
NOTES: this is lame sorry
Back to top Go down
Desta
Main Group
Main Group

Coins : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Desta turned, surprised, as a white she-wolf approached her, inquiring if she was hurt. She shook her head, scattering a few droplets of water.

"No, I'm not hurt too badly," Desta replied. "I'll come with." She gazed further up the beach, at the other canines. Most of them were hurt far worse than she was. She saw a dog with an injured tail and another canine who was covered in blood. She winced without realizing it.

"So, are we... a 'group' now?" Desta asked hesitantly. She knew she would need the help of other canines to survive on the island, but she wasn't sure yet if there was any sense of allegiance between any of the others.

Looking up the beach, she noticed a fox among the others, and a dog. She took a step forward, gritting her teeth against the pain in her paw. She didn't see any of the others complaining about their wounds, so she wouldn't either. She was determined not to be a burden.

There was a surprising amount of survivors. Desta figured that if there were already that many of them, there could still be more among the bodies that littered the beach. She couldn't see any movement, save for the tails and fur that twitched in the wind, but there could still be some living canines out there.

Of course, Desta could confirm that many of them had died when the ship had crashed. Some of the bodies were so battered that she couldn't tell their fur color. She looked away, stomach heaving, and closed her eyes for a moment.

---
Word count: 266
Mentioned: Felicity, Alahya, Holster
Addressed: Felicity
Notes: this is just... ugh
Back to top Go down
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Character sheet
Mate/crush:

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:21 pm

(psst Eren and Armin addressed Desta too)
Back to top Go down
Redbeard
Pirate
Pirate
Redbeard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 am

REDBEARD
It's my own design, It's my own remorse.
"Sorry I can't give you more information, I know about as much as the rest of us." Redbeard grunted in understanding, knowing full well that given the circumstances that most of the canines had arrived on this island in it was no wonder that they were disorientated. Which way was north and which was south? What climate could they expect? Was there a name for where they were other than just "the island?" Red didn't know but he sure as hell wanted to find out and all of the questions spiralling in his head were only annoying him further. He wanted knowledge, he wanted to be in control of the situation, to know what was going on and not being able to left him feeling exposed and weak. "That's understandable." The red furred dog acknowledged, a vain attempt at being polite and considerate before he continued with his voice almost a growl that was directed at no one in particular. "Ugh, I hate not knowing." The male huffed noisily and straightened himself up, the mess that was his russet fur falling over his muscular frame as he did. He needed to be doing something, anything to try and remedy the current situation. Just getting the salt and dirt out of his coat would be a start, finding a source of fresh water or getting acquainted with the Island he was on would be even better.

Red began to wonder how many canines, in fact not just canines but animals in general, were on this Island. As far as he was aware no one had actually ventured inland yet to see if there were other inhabitants already here. For all they new there could be an entire civilisation already here living in the woodland, a pack of animals who had previously shipwrecked here and had formed a group. In fact that could make it all the more dangerous, what if they were intruding on already claimed territory? What if they were not wanted here? All the questions in Redbeard's mind were once again getting to him, the not knowing being what he hated most of all but at least the she wolf was willing to answer the questions that he posed. "As of now I suppose no one is the leader.. I've been sort of guiding the group so far though, I can't exactly nominate myself the leader or dominate though." For the first time Red fully sized up the wolf; her build was large for a female and she seemed strong with it, which meant as per usual Red was the smaller of the two. That was not uncommon though as despite the fact that he was a taller example of his bread the difference between wolf and dog was still clearly evident. Even so the female was yet to shout at him or boss him around so Redbeard would not oppose her if she was acting as the leader of taking control.

"Do you wanna head to my group I have rounded up? If you're hurt any they can help." Redbeard glanced back over to the group she talked about and nodded. "Sure. I'm not hurt none, though it'll be good to meet 'em."  He lied, noting that he would have to disguise his limp when he walked. He didn't want treating, not by strangers that he didn't know and not in front of such a crowd. He would refuse all help and deny that fact that he was feeling pain at all, it was probably just bruising, nothing serious more serious then that. He began to pad towards the group, forcing himself to walk as naturally as possible until he stopped just before them, nearest to the other dog who was leaning against a tree while another wolf questioned him about injuries. "The name's Redbeard." he said by way of introduction, though his words were directed at no one in particular

(I deleted this entire post and I was really pissed off while rewriting it so yeah it's lame sorry.)
Words: 655 Addressed: Jamia, Group  Mentioned: All others around
Back to top Go down
Spider
Main Group
Main Group
Spider

Coins : 90

Character sheet
Mate/crush: N/A
Canine age: Two years old

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Spider

Spider's eyes snapped open abruptly. In an instant, painful sounding coughs expelled the water from her lungs and into the sand in front of her. After a few fits of coughing, Spider was dully aware of a pounding in her front leg, sending sharp, almost like an intense bee sting, pains centered around just above her left paw. She could feel an almost soothing lapping of water around her body, cool as it encased her lower half. She could hear the crashing of the waves in the distance in harmony with he water around her body.

Spider's eyes fluttered open, and her vision was blurred int he harsh light. She squinted, her eyes slowing adjusting to the scene. She could see lumps of brown, grey, and other natural looking colors. They were probably rocks or something. One was quite close to her face. As her eyes adjusted, she realized the lumps of color weren't rocks. They were bodies.

Coming to this realization, Spider's eyes widened in horror and in an instant, the wolf scrambled clumsily to her paws. She stood shakily on her long, skinny legs as she looked around nervously. Pain suddenly exploded on her front leg, causing the wolf to yelp loudly. She lifted the paw up off the ground and looked down at it. There seemed to be a large chuck of metal lodged above her paw. Not just her paw hurt, her whole body hurt in a sort of ache. There was a dull pain in her forehead. She assumed she hit her head, nothing serious. Standing on three legs, the Mexican Gray wolf mix examined the scene before her.

Strewn across the beach landscape were bodies of canines that had begun to wash up on the shoreline. The water and the area around the bodies was covered in crimson, like a morbid watercolor painting. A short distance from the shoreline was a large ship, battered and rocking unsure in the waves. It creaked dangerously with each beat of water. Spider turned around to see a few shapes in the distance.

What happened? she wondered. The young wolf thought for a moment, searching her brain for an answer.

The creaking of the cargo ship was nerve wracking. Each sound would send shivers up Spider's spine. The dark cargo hold was equally frightening, not being able to see what was going on was scary. All that could be heard besides the creaking were the occasional yelps and whines and the sound of the roaring waves outside. With a huge rocking, Spider was thrown across her cage and forcibly into a side of it.

The realization hit Spider like a gust of wind. She was in a shipwreck. She never made it to her original destination. What if she was the only survivor? What if everyone else died and she was all alone? The thought brought a prick of fear that raced up her spine.

She was suddenly reminded of the figures she had seen earlier in the distance, and hope shimmered within her. Perhaps there were other survivors.

Spider began to slowly but surely limp towards where she had seen the shapes. It took her quite some time, due to the fact that she had to keep her paw elevated. Pain pounded at the site of the injury, trickles of blood falling into the sand.

Upon reaching them, Spider spoke, somewhat loudly so she could be heard over the waves, "Uh, hello? I... I could use some help here."

There was quite a group of canines gathering. One of the most interesting was one she had never seen before. It was quite slender and unfamiliar to her, almost coyote like. She noticed a few wolves and a dog with a damaged tail.

The wolf hobbled closer to them, waiting for a reply.

Addressed: No one in particular
Word Count: 641
Back to top Go down
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 pm

So, are we... a 'group' now?

Felicity glanced at the female. "I don't know." She answered truthfully. Without waiting for an answer, Felicity turned away and went to the newest pair of wolves. The smaller wolf was supporting the other. Felicity didn't flinch or even look worried as she swept her gaze over them. It was, honestly, as she had suspected. Everyone else so far had made it out with injuries that she knew how to deal with. Felicity knew that someone was going to be harmed in a way that would stretch her skills. This seemed to be the first of what might be more.

Felicity couldn't tell much about either of them. The blood over the one didn't obscure his odd markings, though. There was blood on the small one, but from what Felicity could infer, it wasn't his. The little one looked a little shell-shocked, and an expression of relief swept through his eyes as Felicity approached.

"Let's get you two up to the trees." She said as she came to them, pausing only for a moment before going to the bloody wolf's other side. Felicity aided in supporting him, and walked up the beach.

Her eyes caught yet another survivor. Felicity was becoming more amazing by the second. So many survivors and so little serious injury. There were the four she left in the trees, the she-wolf, the second dog, the gray female, the new survivor, and these two. Eight. Felicity thought about what the gray female had asked. A group? Felicity wasn't sure. Most of them would band together, she predicted. It was that or join the pirates. Or maybe it would end in death. Maybe it would end in death for all of them.

Armin felt relief sweep over them as a white she-wolf came to them. Armin found it a bit peculiar that she didn't even seemed phased by any of this. She didn't look injured at all. Where had she come from, if not from the crash? Armin wondered. But Armin didn't ask her now. The important thing to him right now with his survival, and Eren's, too. Armin didn't know what he would do if Eren... Armin stopped that thought before he could finish it. These wolves (and dogs - Armin noticed two of those) were kind, and they would help them. There was nothing to worry about, he told himself. He had to stay positive. Armin tried to quash the fear that lurked in him, but it wouldn't go away. It ran through his head endlessly.

Head hurts, vision blurred, unfamiliar place, unfamiliar wolves, we crashed, we might not survive, Eren's hurt, badbadbad and more bad.

Lash's eyes followed Felicity again for a long moment, as she went to yet another survivor before helping a new duo. The survivors were just piling up. Somehow, most everyone seemed calm. Even with so much being thrown at them. Even Lash didn't feel the way he thought he should. But Lash had always found a way to be calm when the situation called for it. It wasn't that Lash didn't like the calm - honestly, if it was wildly chaotic, Lash didn't want to imagine what kind of situation would occur. Lash was relieved to be here, alive, and with others. Lash caught the gray female's question, about if they were a group. Lash considered it. His icy eyes flickered across the other canines. So far, everything was smooth. But Lash couldn't make that judgement yet. Things could get worse fast - he didn't know. But it was certainly a possibility. And what else could they do? Even if they could survive on their own, this island would have to be really big to house so many lone wolves. And Felicity's presence reinforced to Lash that there were other wolves. Lash resolved to ask Felicity when he had a chance. If there were others - if there were, were they in a pack? Or were they alone, like her? Lash assumed Felicity worked alone. From what he had seen of her, it just seemed probable. And if there were others... were they dangerous? Lash had no clue if there were others. But if there weren't, how had Felicity survived all on her own? If there were....
where were they?

|| Mentioned: Everyone ||
|| Addressed: Eren & Desta ||
|| Word Count: 706 ||
|| Side Notes: I didn't answer Spider, since Felicity is wrapped up with Eren, Armin & Desta, and Lash isn't going to really do anything. I figured I'll let Miku address Spider. ||
Back to top Go down
Desta
Main Group
Main Group

Coins : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 pm

"I don't know."

Desta frowned as the she-wolf walked away to help another pair of survivors. She didn't know. Did anybody? Desta was slightly afraid of asking around. Would the others be hostile, or were they set on banding together as a group? Would they help each other? Would they even care what happened to each other?

Desta felt like her mind was a whirlpool, catching all her thoughts and swirling them together into a dark, watery hole. She shook herself, scattering water from her sopping fur, and raised her paw to look at her injury.

A splinter of wood, presumably from the smashed ship, had embedded itself deep within her dark paw pad. Blood still oozed out from around it. Desta studied the splinter, then began to clean the blood off her paw with her rough tongue. She wrinkled her snout at the iron taste of blood in her mouth.

Nosing at her paw, Desta attempted to pull the splinter out with her teeth. She managed to secure a hold on the chip of wood, but her teeth slipped as she tugged on it, and all that happened was a flash of pain burning through her paw. Desta curled her lip and held her forepaw above the ground. She knew she would have to find a healer later, but for the time being, she wanted to figure out where she was stranded.

She loped down the beach a ways, stopping by a tumble of boulders. There was a wide stretch of beach on either side of her. Desta assumed it wrapped around the entire island, but she wasn't running that far with a splinter in her paw. Waves slapped the sand, rushing in and out, in and out in Desta's ears. The sound was calming; it almost made her want to curl up and sleep. Further up, the strip of sand gave way to forest. The landscape was filled with thick-trunked trees and tangles of brambles, casting foreboding shadows. Desta couldn't see further than a few meters into the forest, which scared her. She definitely wouldn't be venturing off into that place alone. Even with companions, it seemed rather dangerous.

Then again, they would mostly likely have to rely on the forest for food and shelter. Desta stood up, craning her neck to scan the beach that she could see. There didn't seem to be much shelter, apart from the shipwreck, but Desta knew that the busted ship was dangerous. Though she hadn't tried hunting yet, she figured that there couldn't be much out on the beach. Most of the prey would be in the forest. A shiver ran down Desta's spine at the thought of forging a path through those formidable thorny branches and the trees that cast pitch-dark shadows upon the forest floor.

Desta jogged back to where most of the survivors were gathered. A few seagulls shrieked, circling above the waves. Desta wished she could grow broad, white wings like theirs and fly away from the island. Though it would probably sustain them, it was nothing like home.

With a sigh, the she-wolf hunched her shoulders and took a few slow steps away from the rubble of the shipwreck. A sudden wave of exhaustion overtook her. She couldn't recall how long she'd swum before she had reached the island; waves and winds had blown her out to sea. Collapsing onto the sand, Desta took a few deep breaths, closing her eyes. But sleep would not come, and even if it did, she knew her dreams would be haunted with endless saltwater and bloodied canine bodies.

---
Word count: 601
Mentioned: Felicity
Addressed: Felicity
Back to top Go down
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Character sheet
Mate/crush:

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:32 am

"That's understandable. Ugh, I hate not knowing." Jamia sighed sympathetically and gave a slight nod. "Yeah" she said in agreement with the orange colored dog. "Who knows whats out there" she looked out at the forest. She couldn't even begin to imagine what could be out there waiting to kill them. At the zoo they kept all the animals in their own enclosure. Jamia could faintly smell the animals around her over the smell of cheap human food and the clean flowery smell of humans though. She remembered her dad telling her the creatures to the left of their enclosure were grizzly bears and to the right were coyotes. Across from them were smallish brown colored cats with big ears and small tails. Her dad called them bobcats.

Just looking at the dog Jamia could tell how frustrated he was, and in a way Jamia understood. being in the zoo with no idea what the heck a grizzly bear looked like for the longest time was frustrating and she could imagine it was similar to that for the red dog, unable to imagine the possibilities of what lives on this island. Thinking about it made Jamia's skin crawl, and she found that she might be a little frustrated with the situation as well.

"Sure. I'm not hurt none, though it'll be good to meet 'em."
The dog said, interrupting Jamia's thoughts. She laughed and shook her head. "Aren't you a tough guy" she huffed and shrugged her shoulders. "Alright then, if you say you aren't hurt I'll believe ya but lets see whose hurt later when whatever wounds you've acquired worsen due to not being dressed." Jamia watched carefully as the dog walked, noting any strange movement but if he was hurt he hid it pretty well. For now Jamia would let him play tough, it's his own fault if he hurts himself further by protecting his ego rather than his health.

"The name's Redbeard." The dog said and as Jamia walked past him she chirped up, "nice to meet ya Redbeard, I'm Jamia." Jamia began making her way to the fox, ready to talk to her about if anyone was hurt to badly, then finally, she would get her own wounds addressed. She glanced back at her sorry excuse for a leg. It had stopped bleeding finally, but it was all crusted and gross looking, pulled up next to her body to avoid the pain of walking on it.

"Uh, hello? I... I could use some help here." Great, just what Jamia needed. Of course she wouldn't let herself be helped until she was sure everyone else was fine so rather than going the rest of the distance to meet with the fox, she turned to face the stranger. The wolf was tall, about Jamia's height though this wolf seemed more slender with longer legs, certainly more lanky then Jamia who was quite broad. The wolf was pale with two different colored eyes like Jamia's which fascinated Jamia further. "Howdy" she said with a smile. "I um.." Jamia looked at the female's damaged leg and dipped her head apologetically. "Sorry but I'm afraid I'm not a medic.." She tipped her head towards Alahya. "That fox over there is though."
Words: 545 Addressed: Redbeard, SpiderMentioned: Redbeard, Spider, Alahya\

Last edited by Jamia on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lennox
Pirate
Pirate
Lennox

Coins : 12

Character sheet
Mate/crush: N/A
Canine gender: Gentleman
Canine age: Three Years

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:04 am

Lennox managed to pull himself to his paws, his broad frame stumbling slightly. As he finally found a stable balance, he attempted to open his eyes fully. The male's vision was blurry, and the world looked as if it was spinning and shaking. Len shook his head viciously side to side to relieve himself of the odd symptoms. He took a few steps forward in the sandy terrain, it was surely a new sight for his pale blue eyes. A land where the land touched the sea, far from his original birth land. As he tried to gather his thoughts, the new sounds, scents, and sights distracted him quite easily.

The uniquely painted wolf flicked his ears as he heard the sound of crashing waves behind him. Lennox glanced over his shoulder to see a vast body of water, and slowly being pulled out and pushed back to the shore was the metal cage that encased him. The adult he-wolf growled lowly towards the contraption, the awful cramped space the humans shoved him into. His albino ear flicked down as he stepped towards it to investigate it once more. It was dented and the hinges broken from the rough storm which took him here... That's right, where is 'here' exactly?

"Stupid humans..." Lennox snarled the words through tightly clenched ivories. Though the question hit him once more, where was he? The masculine canid rose up to his full height, and slightly regal stature. His broad achromatic paws left indentations in the damp tan hued sand as he scattered about. Though he was curious of his whereabouts, thirst and hunger gnawed at him. Lennox padded towards the sea, and leaned down to sniff it. The salty scent fumed in his nares and stung a bit, so he refused to consume the tainted waters. As he stepped away from the shore line, his ears flung up, pushing forward in an alert manner. Something filled his audits' hollows. But this time it wasn't crashing waves. He heard voices, and soon after he could smell canines mixed in with the ocean breeze.

For a moment Lennox's pelt was on end, his ears lowered and he crouched low. 'What am I doing?' Fighting wasn't one of his favorite things to do, though he's good at it. He only fights when he feels the need to protect and defend. Right now, he was hungry and in need of food. His best bet would be to greet the native wolves and hopefully be welcomed for a while. The three year old pulled himself together, then began to head down the shore line. Following the scent of numerous wolves, their aromas mixed. 'They must be a pack..'  The thought worried and joyed him, they could easily take him down if they felt he was a threat. But Lennox had to stay positive.

As he neared the scent origin, he saw the silhouettes of different sized canids. With a bit of caution and much confidence he began to approach, though still keeping a healthy and safe distance. Just feet away from the creatures, he calm to a halt. And seated himself in the dry loose sand. "Hello?"  As Lennox spoke, his white patched ear flicked and he waited for some sort of response.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Main Group
Main Group
Admin

Character sheet
Mate/crush:

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:11 am

Eren wasn't aware of much going around him. He cool feel his paws moving, and Armin beside him but everything was a blur and his head was pounding. "Let's get you two up to the trees." He heard a higher voice, probably female say as suddenly he felt supported on both sides as he was guided towards the trees. Eren walked strong for a while, letting out a moan of pain every now and then, struggling to keep awake. He wouldn't let himself just faint, he had to keep going..

It was getting hard to keep his eyes open though. He could feel his pulse where his legs were hurt. Before he could do anything his brain started working against him. His legs collapsed beneath him and he crashed to the ground with a loud yelp. It seemed impossible now to keep his eyes open and his brain awake, and in an instant the treets were gone, Armin, was gone, everything was. The wails of dying canines faded away and everything was black. You'd think Eren would be afraid but he wasn't instead he just went limp and let himself fall asleep. If he was dying then it was less painful then anyone had ever described it. No white light, nothing like that. Everything was just black and nothing hurt anymore, and the next thing he knew he was dreaming.

Addressed: Armin, Felicity || Mentioned: Armin, Felicity || Word Count: 232
Back to top Go down
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Armin felt horrible. Horrible and insufficient. Taking in the full extent of Eren's injuries, Armin realized he could do nothing for his friend. Not heal him, not protect him - there was nothing he could do.
"I'm sorry Eren." He whispered, so quietly that none would hear him.
Armin took a few skittering steps back, watching the world spin as he did so. The white wolf who'd helped them already seemed to be in her own world as she stood over Eren. Armin concentrated on watching the rise and fall of Eren's chest.
"Go lie down." Her voice came gently.
Armin looked at her. "You'll help him, right? He'll be okay?"
She nodded. "I promise."
Armin didn't distract her further, settling only a couple of feet from Eren. Sitting helped his vision to clear a bit, and he took the moment to look at the ones who may be his new companions. There was a gray female, a dog with a severed tail, an injured russet and black male, a fox, a she-wolf, a second dog, plus two other wolves. And the white she-wolf. It was quite a group.

Armin's eyes flickered nervously. He didn't know if they were nice or mean, and right now, he didn't want to find out. All Armin wanted was for Eren to be okay.

Once the yellow-furred male had sat, Felicity let her focus shift to his friend. Eren, she recalled him saying. Her tail swished, her feathers skimming the ground. It was hard to work with so many wolves around, and so little medics. At a glance, Felicity saw Alayha was still with the dog.
She turned to see Lash standing at her shoulder.
"Is there any way I can help?" He asked.
Felicity's tail twitched. Well, if he wanted to help...
"Get moss. And lots. Soak some of it in the water." Felicity instructed. Lash seemed to pause when Felicity mentioned the water, but she ignored it. The she-wolf turned back to Eren, and began licking the blood away. A shudder ran through her when her toungue found bone. Felicity didn't let it phase her. She was confident in her abilities. And she'd promised the little wolf. Felicity was aware of his eyes on her. Armin, she remembered Eren saying. Eren and Armin.

Lash padded away from Felicity. He wasn't content with sitting there and doing nothing. Injured or not, someone needed to help Alayha and Felicity. Lash was no healer, but he could handle moss. Lash was careful not to stray too far into the forest, though.

But he could not help his curiousity. Lash glanced over his shoulder at the others for a moment before gazing into the trees. What did they hide? He wondered. Lash wanted to explore them. He'd been in captivity much too long - Lash was a wild wolf and this was his domain. But Lash knew he needed to stay here.

Lash gathered a pile of moss, managing to get it back to Felicity. He took a quarter of it and left the trees.

But he stopped several feet from the water. Lash knew he needed to help out , but he couldn't make himself go any further. His tail swished nervously. Forcing himself closer, Lash hoped no one was watching. He would feel stupid if they were. Lash stopped before the water again, leaning awkwardly to try to avoid getting wet.

Mentioned: Everyone || Addressed: No one beside my own characters || Word Count: 564 || Side Notes: this was kinda crappy, but whatever...
Back to top Go down
Alahya
neutral
neutral
Alahya

Coins : 56

Character sheet
Mate/crush:
Canine age: 2 Years

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Alahya was, well, lost in thought. The small fox was feeling guilt creep up on her again. A horrible, sickening guilt. Like eating something rotten. Her mouth felt dry, her thoughts eating into her mind. This was my fault. She wouldn't be here if it weren't for her. Her friends-more like family-would still be alive. They would be safe. But no. She had to up and try to revolt. How stupid. She turned back to her work, patching up the strange dog's tail, trying to think about her new found job rather than the past or her own selfish desires. She was here now. Besides, the two might still me alive. Might.

Alahya perked her ears as Holster spoke. "It's Holster - I'm Holster. And I think so..." She laughed silently at his stumbling over words. Maybe he was blood-phobic. "Is it bad?" he continued. She glanced up at him. "Not very. You'll have to keep it wrapped, though." She took some of her moss, spreading it on the tip, or what was the tip, of his tail.

She listened around, knowing that others had been found. She'd ask about the foxes later. All she smelt was wolf. How many of these big dogs were on the ship? It didn't matter now. Alahya couldn't just give up to the burden of being one of two canines who knew how to heal. Actually, she wasn't sure what she knew. Maybe her knowledge wouldn't help here. She'd have to get Felicity to help, she guessed.

Alahya could hear herself being mentioned. Nobody was even being quiet about it. "That fox is a healer." "She can help you." "Go to the fox." She didn't think she could deal with this. Sighing, she watched the survivors. The fox knew that she needed help. Help and a friend. She had never felt so alone, yet so needed, in her entire life.

Word Count- 317
Addressed- Holster
Mentioned- Holster, Felicity
Comments- another short post for a long time, sorry.

Back to top Go down
http://silver-moonlight.forumotion.com
Redbeard
Pirate
Pirate
Redbeard

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:50 am

"Aren't you a tough guy" Redbeard raised a brow in fascination, apparently his façade wasn't fooling the female at all. He reassured himself that the only damage done was just a few bruises to his fore legs, nothing more serious then that and after all in his life time Redbeard had experienced considerably worse injuries so this was but a minor set back compared to them. Life was tough out at sea with days filled with hard work and on dry land it was equally testing, danger could and often did lurk around every corner for notorious pirates. If you were at a port though you had a chance of finding some medical help if ever you needed it, but out at sea was another matter. If you fell ill on board the ship that Red had once called home then you were stuck there stranded with limited supplies and none of which medical and it was a rare occasion that a human would care to help, they saved their medicines for themselves and wouldn't waste it on dogs. If Redbeard could still walk and talk and breath properly then he wasn't going to complain. "Don't ye be worrying, Missy. A few bruises ain't gonna be the death of Redbeard Holmes." He said, almost chucking as he did with a slight grin.

"Nice to meet ya Redbeard, I'm Jamia." Red was too drained to do anything but reply almost politely because now, of all times, it didn't seem appropriate for him to be his blunt and arrogant self. He dipped his head slightly saying "nice to meet ya too." It was the most polite thing he could think to do. He realised he was being quite changeable; he'd gone from questioning and impatient to angered and now to subdued but after all it had been one hell of a day. His thoughts were all over the place and apparently so were his limited range of emotions. He was pining for knowledge and to find out more about where they were, he was angered by the unnecessary loss of life and at the fact he was now trapped and also saddened, a rare emotion for the dog, by the potential loss of those he knew well. If he didn't find his old friends soon then they would have to be presumed dead, he knew that there was little other they could be. It was a funny, because every last "friend" that Redbeard had had he had lost somehow, only making their departure worse. Why did be ever bother making friends when all he succeeded into doing was causing more grief for himself in the long run.

Everyone else around Redbeard was being so useful. The healers were, well, healing and others were roped into helping them by collecting supplies and the likes but Redbeard didn't know how he could help. He would hate being told what to do but had no knowledge of medicine himself other than the exceptionally crude treatments given on board ships, so he really couldn't just get up and find some useful plant or take that initiative for himself. He needed to do something though, not just sit around watching over everyone. "Hello?" That was it, the perfect solution, he could gather up more wolves and dogs just as Jamia had been doing, he could make himself useful rounding up all of the survivors. Redbeard turned to see who was talking and found sitting on the sand a few meters away a male wolf, one with unusual fur markings at that. "Hey." The dog barked back, taking a small step towards the wolf. "Say there, Lad, Are you hurt at all?" Red asked, his voice not so much concerned but questioning and purposeful.

Words: 625 Addressed: Jamia and Lennox Mentioned: All of group
Back to top Go down
Holster
Main Group
Main Group

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 pm

"Not very.” Alahya said in response to Holster’s question.  “You'll have to keep it wrapped, though."

“Okay.” She was messing with his tail, sending zaps of agony up his spine as she smothered it in something and then wrapped it in something else. Holster didn’t watch what she was doing. Instead he gazed at the other survivors. They had come in a slow but steady trickle, a new injured canid seeming to arrive every few minutes. Jamia returned, followed by an Irish Setter who called himself Redbeard. A small multicolored wolf limped over, pleading for help. Two wolves with odd markings, one of which had a serious leg injury, appeared. A grey female walked with them, then turned around. Holster shut his eyes, overwhelmed by all the strangers. He hadn’t been in the hold of the ship. He had been free on deck and in the cabins, catching vermin. He had no idea the boat had been holding this many animals.

He noticed that Felicity, who seemed to be a medic, refer some of the injured survivors toward Alahya. He felt bad for her. Her mouth was set in a grim line as she looked around at everyone with concern. He felt bad about needing help as well, because there were obviously a lot of survivors and here he was not only being useless but also taking up everyone’s time.

“Thanks,” he said, struggling to stand and feeling a wave of dizzyness wash over his head. He swayed dangerously on his feet, teetered, then sort of found his balance. “I’ll go look for survivors.”

He hadn’t even seen his tail yet; even bandaged and stuff, it was still too scary to even think of looking at. He stood derpily where he was. He had intended to make himself useful by looking for survivors, but loss of blood had made him too weak to do more than stand. Well, he was going to try anyway: better feel sick than sit around doing nothing. He took a cautious step, then another.

ADDRESSED: Alahya
MENTIONED: literally everyone
NOTES: ugh
Back to top Go down
Lash
Main Group
Main Group
Lash

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Armin finally could not bring himself to watch the white wolf anymore. He didn't want to distract her either. He felt as if he was in his own world, and nothing around him mattered. That was something that seemed true a lot. Armin's world was usually just him and Eren. Armin couldn't imagine it any less.

Armin glanced at the others around him. He considered trying to talk to them, but what could he say? Armin crouched lower, his timid nature making him shy away. Usually in a situation like this, Eren did the talking...

Armin was constantly reminded how dependent he was on Eren. He hated it sometimes. Armin knew it was just how things were.

His gaze shifted to Eren, and Armin watched the rise and fall of Eren's breathing. Armin wondered to himself if Eren was dreaming about anything. Armin hoped it was a good dream - it could distract from the horror at hand.

Armin's blue gaze turned to the beach. For the first time he really surveyed the carnage. So many dead. How were they so lucky to survive? Armin shuddered and drew his eyes away. But it still existed - in the hell inside his head.

Felicity used some of the moss, trying to wipe away the blood. When it became clear to her that it was a frivolous endeavor, she stopped and merely put pressure on it.

Lash hadn't returned with the wet moss yet. Felicity tried to plan in her head. She knew what she could do to help this wolf, but a lot of the healing would rely on letting nature take its course. Felicity could keep it clean and fight infection, but in the end it was not up to her. But to let nature work, he'd have to be able to rest safely.

Felicity took a long look around them. At the moment, this safety was fleeting. This was certainly not the best place to be. Before nightfall, everyone would need to find a safer place. Or else.

Thinking about night, Felicity was reminded of how tired she was. Usually Felicity went out at dawn and dusk, keeping to the shade of the forest at the hot midday. Felicity told herself to stop thinking about it - there was work to be done.

"Alayha," She began, addressing the fox, "Would you help and keep pressure on this while I get some more supplies?"
Felicity wished there were more medics. She was the only one who knew the island's plants, though, so perhaps it didn't matter. Felicity made a note to herself that she would teach Alayha. It would help everyone.

Lash managed to soak the moss without getting his paws more than damp. He felt a calm relief slide over him as he walked away from the ocean. Lash passed the dog, Holster as he went back up.

Depositing the moss, Lash took another look around at the group. The amount of injury was overwhelming. Lash tried to ask Felicity how else he could help, but she didn't pay attention. Lash sighed.

Suddenly, it seemed all too cramped in this area, and Lash turned away, leaving the trees again. He walked back down the beach, toward the dog Holster. Lash stopped by the smaller canine, surveying the horror again.

"...how many more survivors can there be?" Lash wondered aloud. It was his attempt at making some form of conversation. Besides, Holster seemed interesting. Lash generally ignored dogs, but he also wondered about them. And Holster was resilient enough to have survived - he had to be worth something. Holster was certainly no wolf, but Lash tried to be unbiased. Key word: tried.

Mentioned: Everyone || Addressed: Alayha & Holster  || Word Count: 609|| Side Notes: Yes, my post implies that Holster has walked much further out onto the beach. But this is my attempt at making my characters interact with people not controlled by me so deal with it. And 88% of the post is just rambling.
Back to top Go down
Holster
Main Group
Main Group

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Walking wasn’t quite as hard as he had anticipated; Holster found that if he gave himself a moment’s rest between every footstep, the dizzy feeling wasn’t too bad. He hadn’t seen his tail yet, but, considering how much blood he must have lost, he didn’t have much hope of salvaging it. It probably would look mangled and shredded forever - if it was even still there. He decided not to think about it anymore and focused on finding survivors.

But where do I even begin? He wondered, discouraged already. Canine bodies littered the beach, and already flies were setting upon them in buzzing hordes. There were no humans to be seen, and that was probably a good thing: the wolves would just tear them apart.

"...how many more survivors can there be?" Lash stood beside him and scanned the beach without much enthusiasm. Holster looked up at the wolf suspiciously. He had seen the way Lash had been looking at him, and he wasn’t sure how much he wanted to be alone with this fellow.

“Hopefully  a lot,” he answered slowly. “But I haven’t seen any.” He fought back the urge to cower - not at Lash, but at the enormous amount of death that faced him. What would they do with the bodies? They couldn’t just leave all these corpses scattered across the beach - could they? “Let’s look for more.”

Taking a few more tottery steps, the dog tasted the air (he could only smell blood and oil) and let out a feeble “Is anyone out there?”

Words: 263 Addressed: LashMentioned:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wreckage   The Wreckage - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wreckage
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next